Custom Metadata Fields
- About Me: I am a native Floridian, who grew up in the panhandle. I graduated with a B.S. in biochemistry from the University of West Florida in 2013. My interest in research and teaching was fostered under the supervision of Dr. Tim Royappa and Dr. Pamela Tanner at the University of West Florida. As an undergrad I worked on synthesizing high molecular weight polyglycidol for use as a drug scaffolding and was a teaching assistant for general chemistry.
- Research Interests: I focus on the development of mass spectrometry imaging (MSI) methods for metabolomics. This includes the use of matrix assisted laser desorption ionization, desorption electrospray ionization, and liquid microjunction surface sampling probes. My research focuses on data analysis of MSI data and modification of ambient ionization sources.
- Presentations: Louis A. Searcy, John Seal, Timothy Garrett, Richard A. Yost. 2018. “Metabolomics for Allograft Assessment in Liver Transplants Using Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization Mass Spectrometry.” In 66th ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics. San Diego, CA. Louis Searcy, Arun Wanchoo, Cuong Nguyen, Timothy J. Garrett, Richard A Yost. 2017. “Innovations in Liquid Microjunction Surface Sampling Probe Mass Spectrometry.” In 65th ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics. Indianapolis, IN. Louis Searcy, Candice Ulmer, Matthew Kazaleh, Michael Costanzo, Nikolaus Gravenstein, Richard A. Yost. 2016. “Ambient Ionization Methods and Liquid Chromatography – Mass Spectrometry Analysis of Human Melanoma Biopsies.” In 64th ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics. San Antonio, TX. Matthew Kazaleh, Candice Ulmer, Louis Searcy, Michael Costanzo, Nikolaus Gravenstein, Richard A Yost. 2016. “Metabolomic Analysis of Melanoma Skin Tissues by Liquid Chromatography – Mass Spectrometry.” In 64th ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics. San Antonio. Robert F Menger, Chaevien Clendinen, Louis Searcy, Richard A Yost, Arthur S Edison. 2014. “Phenotype Determination of Caenorhabditis Elegans with Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization Mass Spectrometric Imaging.” In 62th ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics.
- Publications: Menger, Robert, Chaevien Clendinen, Louis Searcy, Arthur Edison, and Richard Yost. 2015. “MALDI Mass Spectrometric Imaging of the Nematode Caenorhabditis Elegans.” Current Metabolomics 3 (2): 130–37. doi:10.2174/2213235X03666150525223412.
- Teaching Assignments: Organic Chemistry Lab General Chemistry Lecture Mass Spectrometry Service Laboratory
- Awards and Honors: